Meet the GS Cube, the first professional grade rack mountable system designed specifically for cryptocurrency mining using common off the shelf (COTS) components.
Most altcoins use the scrypt algorithm and were designed to be ASIC resistant. Instead they rely on COTS components and were intended to be accessible to everyone. Today miners often hand-build COTS open air mining rigs or heavily modify existing chassis.
The resulting systems often have that rough, post apocalyptic look and aren't at all suitable for use in server racks or colocation facilities. These systems are missing many essential characteristics. For example:
- Build consistency is not guaranteed
- System builds can be time consuming and error prone
- Sound levels are typically very high
- Each card in an open air system has unique thermal characteristics
- maximizing hash rates requires individual card tuning
- Open air systems are not suitable for use around children or pets given both their fragility and exposed components including high speed fans
- They are not designed for standardize rack equipment or colocation
- No rack mounting capabilities
- No cold air input channel with warm air discharge and escape
The GS Cube is built with thermal stability and professional operations in mind. Its initial release allows for the installation of 7 full length GPUs while still providing optimal cooling and low noise levels. This is accomplished by a state-of-the-art, compact design and the use of 6 large but quite 140mm fans capable of moving more than 600 cubic feet per minute (CFM) of air through the system.
While designed for large scale mining, the GS Cube is both quiet and compact enough to use in the home or office setting. Since it is a full enclosure, it can be placed anywhere a typical desktop computer or workstation would be located.
When rack mounted, up to 10 GS Cubes can be placed back-to-back in a standard 42U, 4 post rack. When fully populated with R9 290x cards (70 GPU Cards) a single rack can conservatively produce over 60,000 KHash/sec when scrypt mining. When using the Bliss Devices Neon Mining Card a single rack would deliver 2,590,000 KHash/sec when scrypt mining.
For more information and technical questions please contact firstname.lastname@example.org